Happy Home School has been celebrating the International School Library Month since 2004 as is done by the international body known as the International Association of School Librarianship (IASL). This organization has selected October as the month in which the international community celebrates the International School Library Month (ISLM).
The ISLM theme for 2018 is Why I Love My School Library
To view Happy Home School’s report on International Association of School Librarianship’s website click on to:
Various activities were organized at the school including the following:
Activities for Primary and Secondary Section
- HHS Bookmarks Exchange Project Pakistan: Theme:Readers are Leaders
(Bookmarks will be exchanged among schools of Pakistan)
- Inter- School Reading Contest: Topic – Travelogue (Safar Namay of Ibn e Insha)
Ibn e Insha, a Literary Evening
- Fun Day: Everyone is an Artist!
- Preparation of Class, School and Library Bulletin Boards: Related to the theme of International School Library Month
- Display of students’ work in Classrooms and Library.
- To promote reading skills, the following activities were conducted during library periods
- Story time (by the Parents, Grand Parents and Storytellers ) – Class II
- World of Words – Class III
- Make a Reading Bookmark – Class IV
- Create Invitation Cards for Library Month Celebrations – Class V
- Story Talk – Class VI
- Interactive reading: Read, Discuss and Draw – Class VII
- Literary work of Ibn-e-Insha and Robert Louis Stevenson – Class VIII
8. Book Fair: A book fair was held in the school campus where books for different ages will be offered at reduced prices.